Celebrate Black joy and artistry with DJ LiKWUiD, Shanelle Gabriel & friends at our Freedom Week edition of Cocktails & Culture! Experience JOY as an act of resistance!
Join Museum of the City of New York for an unforgettable evening of music, poetry, food & drink – and hit exhibitions.
- Complimentary cocktail hour & tasting by HH Bespoke Spirits! (5:30 – 6:30pm)
- Groove to DJ LiKWUiD‘s signature fusion of Afrobeats, hip-hop, rare grooves, reggae, and house music — with a live performance by trumpeter Nash Guillermo (outdoors)
- Poet Shanelle Gabriel hosts our monthly MC’NY Poets’ Café and open mic
- Browse the Artist Market and meet mutual aid organizers, presented by Harlem Pride and Uptown Laundry
- Pop-up café by Cornbread26, plus drinks available from the MCNY bar
- All exhibitions open late for viewing, including Analog City: NYC B.C. (just opened!); Activist New York; and New York, New Music, 1980-1986.
This program is part of the Museum’s celebration of Freedom Week: A Journey into Art & Activism.
Cocktails & Culture: Songs of Freedom
Museum of the City of New York
1220 Fifth Ave at 103rd St
Thursday, June 16, 2022
Free with Museum Admission HERE